ShockRite SRS05 Solar Energiser
The ShockRite SRS05 0.5J Solar-Powered Electric Fence Energiser is ideal for everything from remote locations to permanent installation on small farms due to its easy-to-carry design and overall weight.
A versatile and portable low-maintenance energiser that arrives with 12V Battery, Charging Cable, Earth Stake and Connection Cables Included!
- Highly Effective 10W Solar Panel (Even in low-light)
- Energiser Will Run up to 9 Months of the Year Without Any Help (Maintenance-free!)
- Up to 12 Days Operation Without Sunlight
- Rechargeable & Replaceable 12V Battery (Included)
- Weatherproof, Compact, Robust Casing That’s Easy to Carry
- 2 Year Warranty
- Earth Stake and Connection Clips Included with Energiser
- Intelligent Pulse Current Technology for Extended Battery Life
- Powers Fence Length up to:
- 2km of Wire/Tape
- 50m of Poultry Netting (Both without vegetation)
- Easy to Read LED Indicators Advising Battery Status
Note: You will occasionally need to charge the unit (using the battery charging cable/mains adapter provided only – This cable is included with your energiser)
(*This ShockRite Electric Fence Energiser Comparison Chart is an overview of all ShockRite energisers in one place. It may make it easier to decide what energisers suit your requirements)
ShockRite SRS05 Solar Powered Energiser (includes ShockRite 12V 8Ah Long-Life SLA Battery, and 10W Solar Panel)
2 x Connection Cables (1 to Energiser, 1 to Electric Fence Conductor)
Earth Stake/Ground Rod
Battery Charging Cable/ Mains Adapter
Assembly and Instruction Manual
- 12V Electric Fence Energiser Integrated with 10W Solar Panel
- Weatherproof & Dust-Proof Housing designed to be compact and easy to transport
- Lightweight unit at 6.3kg
- Energiser contains an Intelligent Eco Function that activates automatically when the battery capacity drops to extend the battery life and operating time. This means that a fully charged energiser can run for up to 12 days without sunlight.
- The LED Indicator makes it easy to read the battery status. The indicator is green when there is a good charge in the battery, and changes to red when the battery begins to run low.
- The power consumption of the energiser is automatically adjusted to the current state of the fence and the pulse rate of the indicator changes to reflect this (visibly and audibly), making it easy to understand clearly what the battery power level is at any time.
- The green light flashes every 1.5 seconds when the battery is at a healthy charge. If the battery drops below the healthy range the unit will lower the output and start to flash every 2 seconds to conserve battery power. When the battery drops to a low level, the red light will flash and the output will go a little lower. The red light will now flash every 2.5 seconds to indicate that the battery needs to be charged (This would only be expected to happen in the depths of winter for a well-situated solar electric fencer).
- The energiser will continues to run at low charge for as long as possible even when the slow-flashing red light is showing, and the unit needs to be charged.
- The ShockRite SRS05 has an output voltage of 4300V at 500 ohm resistance giving an output power of 0.5J (the shock), making this suitable for electric fencing up to 2km in length.
- The solar energiser body is designed with a rear mounting-hole in the casing to place the earth stake/grounding rod (included). This allows a quick and easy installation and ensures the energiser is lifted up from the shade of the growing grass. It also keeps the unit off the ground in wet and muddy areas.
Battery not to be charged while energiser is connected to the electric fence
- 12V 8Ah SLA Battery – Battery is fully charged and ready to go
- Renewable energy with low maintenance costs
- PCB has a regulator to control the charge to protect the battery from over-charging
- Battery has deep-discharge protection which increases the life of the battery. This ensures a long-lasting reliable electric fencing unit.
- Made for permanent outdoor use – No rain protection required (& frost-resistant)
- Special weatherproof membrane protects the on/off switch from the rain
- The solar unit is made from ABS/PC plastic to give both a little flexibility and strength at same time
- Built-in Lightning Protection
- Internal Radio Frequency Interference Suppression
- CE & RoHS Certified
- Top Quality and Made in the UK
Power Supply: 12 Volts DC (Battery Included)
Open Volts: 9200 V
500 ohm Load Volts: 4300V
Output Energy: 0.5J
Stored Energy: 0.65J
Effective Length Using Polywire or Polytape: 2 km (no veg)
Effective Length Using Galvanised Wire: 5 km